A powerful website determines the strength of a digital endorsement. With ‘N’ number of competitors in the market, the role of SEO industry broadens. The existence of the SEO industry is challenged every time when Google or any other search engine undergoes a confirmed/unconfirmed ranking update. The consequences are significant enough to persuade Digital marketing firms to take the necessary steps.
The recent Google update apparently christened ‘FRED’ has thrown curveballs at the website owners and taken the SEO industry by the storm. The automated tracking tools report significant changes in the rankings of the websites. Some websites have evidently suffered a major traffic loss while some have attained an unprecedented hike in the google ranking.SEO experts rack their brains hard to unravel the reasons affecting the wavering.
However, there can be quick and convenient ways to give this rank suffering a ditch, keeping our websites ‘safe zoned’ and avoid being penalized.
Google is a zipped lip about the key reasons affecting the websites’ rankings. However, reviewing sample URLs of affected websites indicate that this update targets the websites which do not abide by webmasters guidelines.
Based on the few observations, here are five ways which can prove to be a savior:
- Revamp the content: The update apparently targets the websites with low quality/outdated content. You should-
- Add high quality, genuine, creative, informative content on the website, which strictly adheres to quality guidelines.
- Discard irrelevant, invaluable content.
- Focus on the content of the pages which drive in most of the traffic.
- ‘NO’ to artificial backlinks: This is an exaggeration to low-quality content. Old/poor quality/unnatural backlinks which land up users to unwanted/misleading pages should be removed to save the website ranking.
- Use a backlink spam tool to identify questionable backlinks.
- Make the backlinks appear required and reasonable in number.
- ‘Revenue’ is not the right reason ‘: Your website might observe a drop in ranking if it appears more for revenue generation rather than providing the users what they are looking for. Sites could be penalized which requires users to click through a large number of pages to view content that could have been placed on the single page.
- Keep the content well organized on the website.
- Keep the motive that the user must be the ultimate beneficiary.
- Avoid too much AD-Adulteration: An Unreasonable number of ads on the website can also lead to a massive ranking drop.
- Keep the visibility of the content a priority and not the ads and affiliate links.
- Avoid making the website look too ad-heavy.
- Avoid pop-ups, as they make the accessibility difficult for mobile users.
- Keywords are the key: Adopt the latest SEO techniques.
- Find the keywords which drive in most of the traffic.
- Match lost keywords, based on previous rankings and traffic volume.
Thus, ensuring quality content and the promise of a great user experience keeps your website affixed in the game of rising and fall.